The Republic of Sumerya is a huge, socially progressive nation, ruled by Akkad with an even hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, smutty television, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 950 million Sumeryans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, with Industry, Healthcare, and Administration also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Babylon. The average income tax rate is 66.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Sumeryan economy, worth 126 trillion Lidias a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 132,771 Lidias, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Ancient antique swords have had their blades replaced with latex boffer LARP replicas, there's no such thing as bad publicity, the latest national park is visited by more sharks than people, and astronauts take one small step for Sumerya and one giant step backward from confrontation. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sumerya's national animal is the Chinchila, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Sumerya, astronauts take one small step for Sumerya and one giant step backward from confrontation.
- : Following new legislation in Sumerya, the latest national park is visited by more sharks than people.
- : Following new legislation in Sumerya, there's no such thing as bad publicity.
- : Sumerya voted for the World Assembly Resolution "International Scientific Cooperation".
- : Following new legislation in Sumerya, ancient antique swords have had their blades replaced with latex boffer LARP replicas.
- : Following new legislation in Sumerya, citizens finish cleaning up after the annual National Treasure Hunt just in time for the next one.
- : Following new legislation in Sumerya, the inside lane of every highway is for parked vehicles only.
- : Sumerya was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens and the Top 10% for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Sumerya, worried-looking neonatal nurses are being deployed in place of SWAT teams during dangerous drug busts.
- : Sumerya endorsed The Confederacy of The Arverni Lands.
Endorsements Received: 176 » Kwaj, Shibutani, The Erie Doctrine, Pazair, Bankowiata, Aenglaland, Corfad, Ardonii, Q w e r t y, Federation Terra Australis, Buckerino, Aerilia, Hardscrabble, Lulubellia, Tyirza, XD 2, Siwale, Tachycardia, Guer Aike, Ellbonnia, The Rhein States, New Lakemba, Notyoutopia, Yaorozu, Dreadton, Hulldom, Regallio, North Bratislava, Xagill, Kandorith, Pallaith, Constantinolia, ForestMythal, Hops and Malt, Sil Dorsett, Koda-Land, Kranostav, Sojenre, Myrenia, Hoppem, Ayuzhhhhh, Ethnon, Votak Matim, Kastonvia, Bongo Mountain, Wineclaw, Varisland, Great Bights Mum, Ohiyo, Parpyduckland, and 126 others.Unshleepd, Former English Colony, KAP03land, Card Kingdom, Bagojo, Frances Francis the First of France, Wilkshire, Blyskalia, Harjad, Loli County, Pinguioris, Sinelona, Westphalie, Cobolica, Seanat, El Guajuila, Gragadoia, United Kahndaq, Sunto, United Soviet State of North Amerika, Yellops, Hippogriffia, Gurou, Steampunk Ariel, PotatoFarmers, Empy, Thought Obliteration, Waystar Fujiwara International, Napalini, Filibustra, Maott, New Trisone, Landraya, Orado, Travislavania, Plangainer, Jupi Utopia, Oannia, Valiacorkit, Omicron Persei V111, Satyrosia, United States of Dictators, Libertarianists States, Wisconsota, Napnap, Inspiratus, Clan Spaniel, Galbadiana, Sannius, Artoriticitys, Dinoium, Prevaland, Heilhum Imperius, Simone Republic, Selfgradatude, The Jerichowan Country, Tape, Lordelles, Pinky Queen, Bardopia, Kormisia, Nothing Of Value, Omnistria, Capablanca, The Zheng Dynasty, Toilet Man, Piura, Loutsland, Inferior Impor, Zyvetskistaahn, Eastern Arcana, Testnation223, Scroplia, Miyasaka, Praestania, Communist Beijing Must be China, Surb Clant, Nordic-British Union, Smib, Lefevrerismo, Diodone, Ishtimbine, Choi Aeguka, Paradeavenlisian States, Berke Khan, Unsophisticate, Liberepublia, Guslantis, Sea Star Islands, Sechiole, Hopenadya, Meadowfields, Alfenheim, Yokciq Empire, 1 very fast endotarter, SteelFists, Antiyard, Your Own Medicine, Psykistria, Sakupolis, TheLandOfFunFunFun, Individualist Catopia, Cowbridge, Southwest Arabia, Imperial Nation Nlaaciaroepmi, Cartures, Napnomadia, Riocht mor Daraen, Fatski land, The Austro Germanic Union, Kayowa, Esteneng, Merconitonitopia, Ovekisu, Neo Santos, Qassis, Neptunian Military Administration, TyGerria, Chipoli, Senlanaland, Perikuresu, Holicsta Revia, Runeda, Kurkmeistan, Revrielleverizzlan, and The Arverni Lands.