The United States of Sulivannia is a huge, genial nation, notable for its anti-smoking policies, smutty television, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 601 million Sulivannians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yorke. The average income tax rate is 72.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Sulivannian economy, worth 49.1 trillion Sulivannian Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 81,617 Sulivannian Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
On-call doctors who check their pagers during movies are banned from cinemas for life, crossword puzzles have been co-opted as a symbol of racial discrimination, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, and tuba players are paid to quietly whisper into their instruments. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sulivannia's national animal is the grey wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sulivannia endorsed The Federal Republic of The United Provinces of North America.
- : Sulivannia endorsed The Republic of Frankender.
- : Sulivannia endorsed The Imperial Confederation of New Volta.
- : Sulivannia endorsed The Republic of Oimatsu.
- : Sulivannia was endorsed by The Community of Psych the TV Show.
- : Following new legislation in Sulivannia, tuba players are paid to quietly whisper into their instruments.
- : Following new legislation in Sulivannia, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes.
- : Following new legislation in Sulivannia, crossword puzzles have been co-opted as a symbol of racial discrimination.
- : Sulivannia lodged a message on the The Free Nations Region Regional Message Board.
- : Sulivannia was endorsed by The People's Republic of Gullyslanarmaing.
Endorsements Received: 67 » Grand Abaco, Xurisha, Emaha, Red Foxia, OF Arian Hellas, My Nation, Narvatus, BurgerKing, World Web, Milaredo, Ord Fiessulled, Cosniloca, Gufand, Free Pacific Republic, Hetairaea, Amaryllisia, Tenionistland, Tylil, Ornionam, Pathon, Tricastinie, Teshkeshia, Underwater Sovereignties, Damerloodds, Zedyeg, Basalistan, Ratakosha, LWAZI, Laidir, Saintrilu, Heinricherstein, Terrarum, Tigerania, Literian, Gabeopolis, Moka Pamplemousses, Ouji, Doctors Orvos, Edisos, Montserrat Republic, EileanDonan, Eluthania, Rakkene, Phoenician State, Sparsdan, Decitealis, Roberdian, Rokandia, Alphabeth, Syrisia, and 17 others.Minas Motus, Indigoja, Arktown Island, Lets go to Space, Hotak, Jitstess, Ramokee, BellaJelly, Memorium Land, Skaitan, Heaveria, BBoss, The Republic of Awesometopia, Stmagos, Duranziland, Gullyslanarmaing, and Psych the TV Show.