The Hyphae Clump of Sulavia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Hyphae III with a fair hand, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, anti-smoking policies, and soft-spoken computers. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.571 billion Sulavians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mycelium City. The average income tax rate is 96.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Sulavian economy, worth 352 trillion Chitins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 137,246 Chitins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Future forecasters fearfully discuss grey goo and human obsolescence, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity, wealthy pranksters dump refuse on unsuspecting citizens from up high, and organ donation is compulsory. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sulavia's national animal is the Digestive Enzyme, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Enzyme Secretion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Sulavia, organ donation is compulsory.
- : Sulavia lodged a message on the Alnobia Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Sulavia, wealthy pranksters dump refuse on unsuspecting citizens from up high.
- : Sulavia agreed to construct embassies between Alnobia and The Region Of Gargery.
- : Following new legislation in Sulavia, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity.
- : Following new legislation in Sulavia, future forecasters fearfully discuss grey goo and human obsolescence.
- : Following new legislation in Sulavia, airplane passenger seat sizes and ticket prices are both first-class.
- : Following new legislation in Sulavia, rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million Chitins of property damage.
- : Sulavia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Wallenburg".
- : Following new legislation in Sulavia, every workday begins with group therapy.
Endorsements Received: 11 » Northern Astra, Cucumber Lands, Yankeedomland, Hfhbsd, Pangurstan, Potato Valley Region, New Eberron, Catland42, Defenders of Liberty, Necropolis 2, and In Memory of Moto Moto.