|Leader||Harald the 1st|
The Scandinavian National State of Sugrastan is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Harald the 1st with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, keen interest in outer space, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.461 billion Sugris love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stockholm. The average income tax rate is 90.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Sugrish economy, worth 655 trillion euras a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 147,009 euras, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Judicial torture is outsourced overseas, metal detectors have been banned after a bottle cap caused a riot at the beach, Sugrish companies generally just fire employees in lieu of giving them vacation, and nations that kill a Sugri can expect a strongly worded letter. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sugrastan's national animal is the bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Lutheran Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sugrastan changed its national capital to "Stockholm" and its faith to "Lutheran Christianity".
- : Sugrastan changed its national capital to "Oslo", its faith to "Norse Mythology", its leader to "Harald the 1st", its motto to "Vårt land", and its nation type to "Scandinavian National State".
- : Sugrastan altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Sugrastan, nations that kill a Sugri can expect a strongly worded letter.
- : Sugrastan lodged a message on the Lardyland Regional Message Board.
- : Sugrastan lodged a message on the Conifer Regional Message Board.
- : Sugrastan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Sugrastan, Sugrish companies generally just fire employees in lieu of giving them vacation.
- : Following new legislation in Sugrastan, metal detectors have been banned after a bottle cap caused a riot at the beach.
- : Following new legislation in Sugrastan, judicial torture is outsourced overseas.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Arstotzmerika.