The People's Republic of Sudeland is a very large, safe nation, remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 165 million Sudelandians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. The average income tax rate is 59.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Sudelandian economy, worth 4.78 trillion Pelps a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 28,995 Pelps, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The national census includes an opt-in to join the government-run dating service, street graffiti indicates the political party that dominates a neighborhood, stealing from a clothesline is a serious offence, and mechanics are often exhausted by their work. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sudeland's national animal is the fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sudeland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Sudeland was endorsed by The Fanciful Tales of Refuge Isle.
- : Sudeland was endorsed by The Holy Santa EndorseLIBERTANNY of Evrigenis.
- : Sudeland's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Sudeland lost the endorsement of The Federal Republic of BuciLand.
- : Sudeland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Sudeland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "International Criminal Protocol".
- : Sudeland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Christian Democrats".
- : Following new legislation in Sudeland, mechanics are often exhausted by their work.
- : Following new legislation in Sudeland, stealing from a clothesline is a serious offence.