The Democratic Republic of Sudarshan is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Abhimanyu Chakraborty with an even hand, and notable for its daily referendums, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.572 billion Sudarshans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nalanda. The average income tax rate is 10.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Sudarshanian economy, worth 197 trillion Mudras a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 125,344 Mudras, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Auditors are gutting every governmental department, Abhimanyu Chakraborty's used car is held together by bumper stickers that support the opposition, money is being desperately pumped into the ruined economy, and the blind lead the blind in social welfare. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Sudarshan's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Sudarshan, the blind lead the blind in social welfare.
- : Following new legislation in Sudarshan, money is being desperately pumped into the ruined economy.
- : Sudarshan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Sudarshan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Preventing Identity Theft".
- : Sudarshan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Nazi Europa"".
- : Following new legislation in Sudarshan, Abhimanyu Chakraborty's used car is held together by bumper stickers that support the opposition.
- : Following new legislation in Sudarshan, auditors are gutting every governmental department.
- : Following new legislation in Sudarshan, evenings at university debating societies often end with everyone acknowledging both sides may well be right.
- : Following new legislation in Sudarshan, many suspect the government "doth protest too much" with their curiously specific denials of conspiracy theories.
- : Following new legislation in Sudarshan, the government is lending a hand to private industry.
Endorsements Received: 52 » Pakitsk, Axdel, East Malaysia, Gunov, Brotherland, New Leganes, A mean old man, Dravida India, Santa Dystopia, Debluu, Staynes, Adavan, Asendavia, Sunsistan, VW53Aland, A Slanted Black Stripe, Oofery, Rainbow Vests, 3 14159265358979323846264, BearStackof2015, Eastern Alksearia, North Bernia, The Three States of Fortuna, Wallenburg, Cellar Doors, Acronis, Technocratic Tagalog, Greater New Cassandra, Spiruvania, Empire of Dabiristan, From New World, Fellon, Maricentria, Northern Celavon, Aquyia, Veterans Association, Preat, Hizuru, The Atlae Isles, Layngderfleethe, Aivintis, In Insulam Autem Sanguis Et Magia, CheeseBurrito, Edwardsport, Formaro, Squid Ruinosa, Nereua, Canadian Technocrats, Dragons Blood, Kandorith, and 2 others.Modra, and MikGonnia.