The Materialistic State of Sturcture is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Max Planck with an iron fist, and renowned for its compulsory military service, triple-decker prams, and hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 9.472 billion Comrades are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Entropy. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 87.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Sturcturean economy, worth a remarkable 1,244 trillion Photons a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 131,369 Photons, with the richest citizens earning 9.3 times as much as the poorest.
Exploding toys that leak battery acid are back in the shops after the government declared child safety 'over-rated', people often get liposuction to reduce their air fares, the question of 'what is Max Planck's favorite color?' has been given a priority rating of burnt-orange, and an eye for an eye leaves Sturcture blind. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sturcture's national animal is the Two-Headed Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Entropy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sturcture was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Sturcture was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Sturcture's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Sturcture's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Sturcture's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Sturcture was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Sturcture's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Sturcture was refounded in Balder.
- : Sturcture ceased to exist in The Pacific.
- : Sturcture was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.