The Federation of Stratoss is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its triple-decker prams, free-roaming dinosaurs, and prohibition of alcohol. The compassionate population of 605 million Stratossians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Valaria. The average income tax rate is 83.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Stratossian economy, worth 67.1 trillion Stratals a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 110,900 Stratals, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Hordes of faceless civil servants are running cities, confused-looking pigeons slide gently off frictionless window ledges, government officials sit helplessly as they are labelled 'Pompous Womples' by celebrities, and conscripts often volunteer for a second tour of duty so they can get a ticket to next year's Army Revue. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Stratoss's national animal is the Polar Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Stratoss, conscripts often volunteer for a second tour of duty so they can get a ticket to next year's Army Revue.
- : Following new legislation in Stratoss, government officials sit helplessly as they are labelled 'Pompous Womples' by celebrities.
- : Following new legislation in Stratoss, confused-looking pigeons slide gently off frictionless window ledges.
- : Following new legislation in Stratoss, hordes of faceless civil servants are running cities.
- : Stratoss voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Nuremgard".
- : Stratoss was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs, Most Advanced Public Transport, and Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Following new legislation in Stratoss, builders across Stratoss are blocked up with orders for new public loos.
- : Following new legislation in Stratoss, Stratossian police have to pay out of their own pockets for bulletproof vests.
- : Following new legislation in Stratoss, space shuttles are lying silent on the runway till the Space Agency can work out how to fit a creche and a meditation room into their next spacecraft.
- : Following new legislation in Stratoss, colleges adhere to rigid ethnic quotas for admissions.
Endorsements Received: 27 » Pax Scio, Microsa, Antarctic SARNZ, Ritanstan, Novocita, Citalli, Eastern Sudetenland, The 2nd Kingdom of Domina, The Vanguard Fleet, North Vlanderberg, Vierslan, Wess Syna, Fellwieg, United Angeer, United States of Technocracy, Karambo, Dune-Aemiliana, Apellidor, Lomonosia, Wallachinstein, Daraze, BigSnek, Republic of South Africa 2, Milenion, Confucasland, ExoGeni, and Jef and JAMAL the Squa and West Garbanzo.