|Currency||Pine Tree Shilling|
The Delegate in Exile of Boston of Stratagem is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Governor Adams with an even hand, and renowned for its digital currency, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 3.807 billion Marseholes have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 54.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Stratagemian economy, worth 304 trillion Pine Tree Shillings a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Tourism, Basket Weaving, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 79,934 Pine Tree Shillings, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The government is engaging in an agricultural trade war with Maxtopia, military equipment stores have a tendency to go up in flames, political dissidents are cut off from essential services, and dictionary sales have hit an all-time high. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Stratagem's national animal is the Turkey, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Puritanical Nonsense.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Stratagem's influence in Boston In Exile rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- : Stratagem's influence in Boston In Exile fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Stratagem's influence in Boston In Exile rose from "Zero" to "Dominator".
- : Stratagem lodged a message on the Boston In Exile Regional Message Board.
- : Stratagem relocated from The Rejected Realms to Boston In Exile.
- : Stratagem's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Stratagem relocated from Boston to The Rejected Realms.
- : Stratagem was ejected and banned from Boston by The UndeadSwarm of BananaTime.
- : Stratagem lodged a message on the Boston Regional Message Board.
- : Stratagem relocated from Boston In Exile to Boston.