The Nomadic Peoples of Strange Strangers is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its rum-swilling pirates, free-roaming dinosaurs, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 521 million Strangers love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Spirituality, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nor-mal-city. The average income tax rate is 54.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Strangerian economy, worth 25.0 trillion Sea-Biscuits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, highly specialized black market in Tourism, Pizza Delivery, Basket Weaving, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 47,931 Sea-Biscuits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is a law unto itself, former customs officers are adjusting to their new lives as market stall traders, landless farmers wander forlornly in the government's many national parks, and bitter pastors forced to officiate gay marriage 'accidentally' pronounce couples "husband and abomination". Crime is well under control. Strange Strangers's national animal is the Toucan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Strange Strangers's influence in Texas fell from "Page" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Strange Strangers was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Strange Strangers's influence in Texas rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Strange Strangers was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Strange Strangers was endorsed by The Republic of Lilflower.
- : Strange Strangers was endorsed by The Vacation Destination of New Zealand.
- : Strange Strangers was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Strange Strangers was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Strange Strangers was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Strange Strangers, bitter pastors forced to officiate gay marriage 'accidentally' pronounce couples "husband and abomination".