The Republic of Strahcoin is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, public floggings, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 811 million Strahconians are free to succeed or fail in life on their own merits; the successful tend to enjoy an opulent (but moralistic) lifestyle, while the failures can be seen crowding out most jails.
The relatively small, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Trumpiro DC. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 14.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Strahconian economy, worth 84.5 trillion Strahcoins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 104,209 Strahcoins, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 516,415 per year while the poor average 11,924, a ratio of 43.3 to 1.
Humongo-Mart's Beef 'n Strah Lasagne is a hit, cutting-edge missile systems are being retrofitted to twin-prop air force biplanes, a widely accepted trade policy is "tit-for-tat", and election debates consists mostly of two grey suits arguing over how to best preserve the status quo. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Strahcoin's national animal is the Strah, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Strahcoin published "Republic of Strahcoin - Strahpedia, the Honest Encyclopedia (W.I.P.)" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Strahcoin proposed constructing embassies between Assembly of Strahconian Nations and Federation of Conservative Nations.
- : Strahcoin proposed constructing embassies between Assembly of Strahconian Nations and United States of America.
- : Strahcoin published "STRAH NEWS Article 022: Strahconian Legislature Considers Asylum Program for Civilians in AntiStrahcoin League" (Bulletin: News).
- : Strahcoin published "Strahcoin Legislation Bill (Proposed): Anti-Socialist Asylum Act" (Bulletin: Policy).
- : Strahcoin published "SIA Report: AntiStrahcoin League Violating Human Rights" (Account: Military).
- : Strahcoin was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Strahcoin, election debates consists mostly of two grey suits arguing over how to best preserve the status quo.
- : Strahcoin was reclassified from "Free-Market Paradise" to "Right-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Strahcoin, a widely accepted trade policy is "tit-for-tat".