The Empire of Stragalestranspets is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Lorien with a fair hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, sprawling nuclear power plants, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 22.081 billion Stragalestranspetsians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gaia's Bay. The average income tax rate is 98.0%.
The enormous but underdeveloped Stragalestranspetsian economy, worth a remarkable 3,449 trillion Dollars a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 156,233 Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Journalists often nap through tedious police press briefings, everyone hates people who encourage hate, the government seizes all major gold finds, and nobody is allowed to stop the local daycare from reading Nietzsche to pre-schoolers. Crime is totally unknown. Stragalestranspets's national animal is the tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Stragalestranspets, nobody is allowed to stop the local daycare from reading Nietzsche to pre-schoolers.
- : Stragalestranspets was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Stragalestranspets, the government seizes all major gold finds.
- : Stragalestranspets voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Extrajudicial Punishment Ban".
- : Following new legislation in Stragalestranspets, everyone hates people who encourage hate.
- : Stragalestranspets voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Enabling The Disabled In Academia".
- : Following new legislation in Stragalestranspets, journalists often nap through tedious police press briefings.
- : Following new legislation in Stragalestranspets, people who have had childhood imaginary friends are told they can't ever be trusted with guns.
- : Following new legislation in Stragalestranspets, administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture.
- : Stragalestranspets was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.