The Community of Stormvale is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Keria Storm with an iron fist, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, public floggings, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 2.762 billion Stormvaleans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shayde Hollow. The average income tax rate is 81.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Stormvalean economy, worth 373 trillion Moneys a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 135,328 Moneys, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People caught mistreating Stormvale's flag generally wind up in a great deal of pain, minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home, prosecutors routinely call transplant doctors as 'expert witnesses' in burglary cases, and Shayde Hollow is a police state during international summits. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Stormvale's national animal is the Owl Bear, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Stormvale's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Stormvale's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Stormvale's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Stormvale's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Stormvale was refounded in Balder.
- : Stormvale ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Stormvale was endorsed by The Empty Void of Q w e r t y.
- : Stormvale was endorsed by The Republic of Wrinka.
- : Stormvale was endorsed by The Can of SillyString.
- : Stormvale was endorsed by The Kingdom of Ozstan.