The Republic of Storland is a huge, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 351 million Storlandians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Administration, Welfare, and Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Haarlem. The average income tax rate is 22.3%.
The strong Storlandian economy, worth 26.9 trillion kronor a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Cheese Exports, and Information Technology. Average income is 76,710 kronor, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.3 times as much as the poorest.
It is believed that belligerence is a passing phase foreign leaders will soon outgrow, government bureaucrats devote many man-hours to trying to measure unquantifiables, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries, and drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking. Crime is totally unknown. Storland's national animal is the fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Storland was endorsed by The Digital Democracy of Alpinea.
- : Storland was endorsed by The Sawtooth Badlands of The Black Cathedral.
- : Storland was endorsed by The Principality of Valhalla123.
- : Storland was endorsed by The Holy Inseparable Regalia of Castle Federation.
- : Following new legislation in Storland, drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking.
- : Following new legislation in Storland, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries.
- : Following new legislation in Storland, government bureaucrats devote many man-hours to trying to measure unquantifiables.
- : Following new legislation in Storland, it is believed that belligerence is a passing phase foreign leaders will soon outgrow.
- : Storland endorsed The Kingdom of Test for a new hope.
- : Storland endorsed The American Insurgency of Former English Colony.
Endorsements Received: 104 » Territorio di Nessuno, Corfad, Sunto, Shibutani, El Fiji Grande, Pallaith, Sinelona, Notyoutopia, The Rhein States, Alunya, Siwale, Malta Comino Gozo, Newpromisedland, Acrabinnia, Shin-Hachioji, Misuvelia, PlanetPunk, Yaorozu, Great Bights Mum, Ethnon, Egalico, Sundred, Peldorn, Dreadton, Omnistria, Uganda Knuckles UK, Napnomadia, Bayern-Straubing, North Bratislava, Kirostan, Babacar, Koda-Land, Trillius, Tappan Hills, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Q w e r t y, The Brunchovian Republic of Pina Colada, The United States of Romania, Saturns Edge, Shadowrik, Kwaj, Steampunk Ariel, THX1138, United Draconia, Zemnaya Svoboda, Jasminlandia, Dar es Saalam, Sil Dorsett, Frances Francis the First of France, Guer Aike, and 54 others.Selfgradatude, Federation Terra Australis, Spartoptia, Jefffliu, Tsardom of Leonlandia, Kyrianian, Novare Res, Black Templares, Buckerino, Plangainer, Soviet Terran, Ibiscaton, General COE, Unimaginable Doom, Unsophisticate, Guslantis, SillyString, Maott, Steraz, Sheldanada, Racoda, Wineclaw, Ejhsa, The Notorious Mad Jack, New Pruessen, Holy Oranz, Kasazzastan, Liberum Mundi, Seidr Wyrd, Victoriaans Nederlands, Apetopia, Lomjia, Torakuen, Haor Chall, 1 very fast endotarter, New Bremerton, Pasargad, Sanjurika, Ikea Rike, Free Azzaca, Moubarakistan, Vikingiarchy, Aratani, Elianzonia, Tire Sover, Joodey, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Noahs Second Country, Former English Colony, Test for a new hope, Castle Federation, Valhalla123, The Black Cathedral, and Alpinea.