The Community of Store is a massive, cultured nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, absence of drug laws, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 2.31 billion Storeans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The tiny, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Spirituality, and Industry. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.2%.
The powerhouse Storean economy, worth 201 trillion stores a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, and Information Technology. Average income is 87,143 stores, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 588,879 per year while the poor average 4,769, a ratio of 123 to 1.
Citizens complain about a burning sensation after bathing, Store recently decided against having a capital city, the Gallery of Instasnap is the most popular museum in the country, and witnesses have to run a gauntlet of mob enforcers to testify at trials. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Store's national animal is the store, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Store applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Store's influence in Home Sweet Home rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : Store's influence in Home Sweet Home rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : Store's influence in Home Sweet Home rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : Store's influence in Home Sweet Home fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Ambassador".
- : Store's influence in Home Sweet Home rose from "Zero" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Store relocated from Mordor to Home Sweet Home.
- : Store relocated from Home Sweet Home to Mordor.
- : Store relocated from Middle Earth to Home Sweet Home.
- : The Protectorate of Tulkas was struck by a Mk III (Purifier) Cure Missile from Store, curing 1 million infected.