The Winged Hussars of Stokesistan is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Stokes with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, strictly enforced bedtime, and hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, devout population of 20.827 billion Stokesistanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stokesistan City. The average income tax rate is 9.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Stokesistanian economy, worth a remarkable 2,231 trillion Stakes a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 107,131 Stakes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
High school band practice is often crashed by technicolor-clad ravers, both criminals and civilians are DOA, the government tells its citizens to 'forgive and forget', and kids these days know how to throw a proper punch. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate. Stokesistan's national animal is the Taurus, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Stokesistan was endorsed by The Federal Union of Stefoland.
- : Stokesistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest and the Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Stokesistan, kids these days know how to throw a proper punch.
- : Following new legislation in Stokesistan, the government tells its citizens to 'forgive and forget'.
- : Following new legislation in Stokesistan, both criminals and civilians are DOA.
- : Following new legislation in Stokesistan, high school band practice is often crashed by technicolor-clad ravers.
- : Stokesistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Safe Disposal of Nuclear Waste".
- : Stokesistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Confederacy of Layem".
- : Stokesistan was endorsed by The Kingdom of Selgary.
- : Stokesistan was endorsed by The Federation of Kurvix.
Endorsements Received: 60 » Namonia, Mousebumples, Katkasistan, Samuelstani, Elizabeth II Windsor, Raghallaigh, Almendron, Le Libertia, Benthamania, Beriwen, Woodleland, Brickfield, Pirataria, Gooblaria, Polgaria, Acapais, Arvigiel, Zakanda, Eloscape, Mancheseva City, Free Rosabell, Dat Countreh, Caffeinated, Kingdom of Stargard, West Wirral, Lethen, Emastalia, Penlopa, Geektopia, Pland Adanna, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, The Lost Men, Tital Mania, Greatnessity City, Deliber, Estingberg, Ganud, Turpotia, Astrellan, Gemeinschaftsland, Old Aweic Wirs, Myotatunto, Land of Bobtopia, Galgony, Possibly this, Maowi, Callistortzka, Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, Tetchuan, Waluigi Park, and 10 others.Zecklandia, GOBYU, The Militarist States of America, South Parter, Thice Frostalt, Murden, Skyhawk Clan, Kurvix, Selgary, and Stefoland.