The Neo-Dominion of Sterkistan is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Christina Wiseman with an even hand, and remarkable for its national health service, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working population of 7.621 billion Sterks have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bersheedan. The average income tax rate is 80.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Sterkian economy, worth a remarkable 1,355 trillion Pers a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 177,839 Pers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Many suspect the government "doth protest too much" with their curiously specific denials of conspiracy theories, Sterkian women are all tied up in tubal litigation, hundreds of subterranean tunnels are being built as part of "Project Morlock", and there's no cure or sympathy for the common cold. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sterkistan's national animal is the Albutra Hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Technoseverism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sterkistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Debtor Voting Rights"".
- : Sterkistan published "BOW Divisions (Post-2207)" (Account: Military).
- : Sterkistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Imperium Anglorum"".
- : Sterkistan lodged a message on the Empire of Andrew Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Sterkistan, there's no cure or sympathy for the common cold.
- : Sterkistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Debtor Voting Rights".
- : Sterkistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Debtor Voting Rights".
- : Sterkistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Sterkistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Paffnia".
- : Following new legislation in Sterkistan, hundreds of subterranean tunnels are being built as part of "Project Morlock".