The Environmental Protectorate of Steenia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Cretor Lamjack with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, strictly enforced bedtime, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 29.22 billion Steenians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Willowsburg. The income tax rate is 100%.
The enormous but underdeveloped Steenian economy, worth a remarkable 3,990 trillion slapsticks a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is an impressive 136,574 slapsticks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Expensive lawyers are hired to defend citizens in court for public urination charges against their pets, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, artists are pillars of society, and the number of students attending university has reached a record high. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Steenia's national animal is the flying squirrel, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Steenia's influence in Futaba Aoi fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : Steenia's influence in Futaba Aoi rose from "Apprentice" to "Hermit".
- : Steenia relocated from Osiris to Futaba Aoi.
- : Steenia was refounded in Osiris.
- : Steenia ceased to exist in Futaba Aoi.
- : Steenia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Dead.
- : Steenia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Zombies and the Top 5% for Most Survivors.
- : Steenia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Steenia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Steenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.