The Environmental Protectorate of Steenia is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Cretor Lamjack with a fair hand, and notable for its frequent executions, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and digital currency. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 34.406 billion Steenians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Willowsburg. The income tax rate is 100%.
The enormous but underdeveloped Steenian economy, worth a remarkable 4,706 trillion slapsticks a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is an impressive 136,799 slapsticks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Small children are learning a lot of new words from a teacher with Tourette Syndrome, prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries, giggling teens are asked to put their mouths on rubber dolls, and sales of disinfectant wipes have skyrocketed. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Steenia's national animal is the flying squirrel, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Steenia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Steenia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Steenia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Steenia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Economic Output and the Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced and Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Steenia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Steenia was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Steenia ceased to exist in Futaba Aoi.
- : Steenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Following new legislation in Steenia, sales of disinfectant wipes have skyrocketed.
- : Following new legislation in Steenia, giggling teens are asked to put their mouths on rubber dolls.