The Orion Star Empire Capital of Steel Butterfly is a gargantuan, efficient nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, enslaved workforce, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 29.716 billion Orions are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The tiny, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Monarch Heights. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Steel Butterflyian economy, worth a remarkable 9,192 trillion Imperial Credits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology. Average income is an amazing 309,341 Imperial Credits, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,485,789 per year while the poor average 37,595, a ratio of 39.5 to 1.
Chalkboards are replaced with billboards in the classroom, the government spends millions of Imperial Credits every year prosecuting spammers, the government is seen as openly hostile to all religion, and the national sporting identity is represented by a talking burger and a singing smartphone. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Steel Butterfly's national animal is the Fenrir Wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Steel Butterfly was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Steel Butterfly was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Steel Butterfly was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Steel Butterfly was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry, Most Politically Apathetic Citizens, and Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Steel Butterfly was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry and the Top 10% for Most Influential.
- : Steel Butterfly's influence in Orion Sector rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- : Steel Butterfly's influence in Orion Sector fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : Steel Butterfly's influence in Orion Sector rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Steel Butterfly altered its national flag.
- : Steel Butterfly relocated from Lazarus to Orion Sector.