The Free Land of Stapolka is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its fear of technology, restrictive gun laws, and suspicion of poets. The hard-working, cynical, devout population of 401 million Stapolkans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The relatively small, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Spirituality, and Defense. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 15.0%.
The very strong Stapolkan economy, worth 28.0 trillion bitcoins a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Basket Weaving, and Gambling. Average income is 69,937 bitcoins, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 226,440 per year while the poor average 16,310, a ratio of 13.9 to 1.
Everyone apparently sends Leader hair-filled lockets, offers to die heroically, and poetic desires to co-parent a child, trust-fund babies line up for places in community college, the typical murderer weighs 150kg and has hairy arms, and the nation's most popular sport is sabotaging foreigners' hopes and dreams. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Stapolka's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Stapolka was endorsed by The Republic of Littolyo.
- : Stapolka was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Stapolka was endorsed by The Federation of Hangates of Athara Magarat.
- : Stapolka's influence in The Western Isles rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Stapolka was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Stapolka, the nation's most popular sport is sabotaging foreigners' hopes and dreams.
- : Stapolka endorsed The Parliamentary Republic of Chasia.
- : Stapolka endorsed The Dominion of Nhoor.
- : Stapolka endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of Craiglang.
- : Stapolka was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Craiglang.