The Most Serene Republic of Staics is a massive, socially progressive nation, notable for its complete lack of prisons, parental licensing program, and soft-spoken computers. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 1.345 billion Staicsians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, corrupt, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Druacrego. The average income tax rate is 68.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Staicsian economy, worth 224 trillion Sancs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Information Technology, Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 166,659 Sancs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The family summer vacation has become a thing of the past following the introduction of the year-round school year, Staics's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas, Staicsian politics is literally a blood sport, and mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Staics's national animal is the Red Panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Staics, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field.
- : Following new legislation in Staics, Staicsian politics is literally a blood sport.
- : Following new legislation in Staics, Staics's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas.
- : Following new legislation in Staics, the family summer vacation has become a thing of the past following the introduction of the year-round school year.
- : Following new legislation in Staics, the military struggles with recruitment.
- : Staics was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Staics, the phrase 'spreading like wildfire' is no longer in the public lexicon.
- : Staics was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Following new legislation in Staics, arbitrary election rules are considered sacrosanct.
- : Following new legislation in Staics, citizens are exhausted from weekly general elections.
Endorsements Received: 146 » Shin-Hachioji, Yaorozu, Great Bights Mum, Notyoutopia, Coemgen, Siwale, Pallaith, Kwaj, South Grand Mountain, Holy Oranz, The Global Socialist Republic, Selfgradatude, Shadowrik, Bharathvarsh, Sheppey, Vegetarian States, SchoolHouse Rock, Sankami, Friently, Puczovska, Buckerino, Kelvaros Prime, Prevaland, Alice Gardens, Kaschovia, Anima Proxa, Sunto, McMasterdonia, Bothia, Diodone, I Am Bad At Naming Nations, HMS Unicorn, Vogonlandia, Beladev, Seven Hills, The Iron Lions, Srpski Novo Zelandjani, The Akhara Islands, Aldion, Lupus Imperium, The Russland kingdom, Spiritual Lyrical Individual Miracles, Cloydicia, Che Sana Und, Republic of Destiny, Esplandia, Chukstik Illahi, Bayern-Straubing, Lord Ravenclaw, Venezuelia, and 96 others.Sil Dorsett, Necromonia, French Bananastan, Zedeya, The Rossinite Empire, The Lancerian Empire, Aerilia, Great and Glorious Martese Unionins, Moubarakistan, Universal State Formula, Kingdom of Space, Amerian States, Beodarasc, Stareogratia, Cruzh, General COE, Xentherida, American MapleStory, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Coppicia, PlanetPunk, Corfad, Tredano, Pakistan 001, Inorganic Tomb Thing, Territorio di Nessuno, Elevation, Lionia, Celebia, Phillywob, Cuyan, Wodan, Forunte, Euginus, Jefffliu, Wineclaw, Thenaca, Ainsworth, Felhaven, Khorazan, Pria Xennes, Arrivederci, Republic of Dixie, Victoriaans Nederlands, Q w e r t y, Chris Hallett, Midds Conia, Unimaginable Doom, New-El, Apetopia, Englachev, Sylcar, Agrauron, Mzeusia, Asuroka, Gladio II, Mercy Land, Hexago, Malvad, NatsukiLand, Aledonigystan, How to get yourself banned from NS, ZhangKeyesland, Zigarusstan, Merconitonitopia, North Armatas, ABC, Lungha, Astal Aavors, New Lakemba, Boggovia, Bridgett, The Teddy, Avornica, Lyncis, Eglise Sainte Eve, The South Falls, Alsatian Island, Socialist Cooperative Republics, Illusia and Neverendia, Nation Narion, Iwtopia, Gamer Pros, Frances Francis the First of France, Emmerian Republic, Empotia, Mastraya, A Terribly Charismatic Duck, The Mazur Empire, Ktyria, Gospel Power, Morlanka, Darcania, Canada GR, Atain, and Panama Coalition.