The Democratic Republic of St Remy is a massive, genial nation, ruled by President Plops with an even hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 1.446 billion St Remyians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wubba Wubba. The average income tax rate is 82.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient St Remyian economy, worth 172 trillion biscuits a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 119,016 biscuits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The price of takeaway food quadruples after 6pm, shopkeepers use microscopes to verify the authenticity of banknotes, any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property, and park rangers perform full-body searches on suspected fungus smugglers. Crime is totally unknown. St Remy's national animal is the Rhodesian Ridgeback, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : St Remy endorsed The Commonwealth of Sheppey.
- : St Remy was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Sheppey.
- : Following new legislation in St Remy, park rangers perform full-body searches on suspected fungus smugglers.
- : St Remy voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- : St Remy endorsed The Principality of Sil Dorsett.
- : St Remy endorsed The Empire of Altmoras Prime.
- : St Remy was endorsed by The Empire of Altmoras Prime.
- : Following new legislation in St Remy, any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property.
- : Following new legislation in St Remy, shopkeepers use microscopes to verify the authenticity of banknotes.
- : St Remy endorsed The Kianese Empire of McMasterdonia.
Endorsements Received: 74 » Siwale, Sunto, Empy, Notyoutopia, Great Bights Mum, Reannia, Holy Oranz, Yaorozu, Unimaginable Doom, Sankami, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, Religioncord, Xentherida, Shadowrik, Guslantis, Colony of lasting Hopes, Frances Francis the First of France, Wineclaw, Upper Portlandia, Bharathvarsh, Enosville, Wisconsota, Morrn, Selfgradatude, Ovsterland, Kaschovia, Lord Ravenclaw, Valdr, Vazali, Alice Gardens, Vegetarian States, Southern Stroraia, Omicron Persei V111, Empire of the Dark Lords of the Sith, HMS Unicorn, The Rossinite Empire, Pallaith, Apetopia, Kingdom of Space, PlanetPunk, Arcadia of Kasterborous, Kwaj, Amerian States, General COE, Vszeklina, Friently, Moristia, Hong Kong Empire, Lavanania, Shin-Hachioji, and 24 others.South Grand Mountain, Faxfleet, Cleoskye, Egalotir, Auceorion, Kobagia, Sil Dorsett, Diodone, Victoriaans Nederlands, Lamexanope, Dadastan Archipelago, American MapleStory, Coemgen, The United States of Bamaland, Kizja, Anima Proxa, Rylam, McMasterdonia, Yukti, Plembobria, Prevaland, Marsh Castle, Zemnaya Svoboda, and Sheppey.