|Faith||The glorious three|
The United Socialist States of St Guilders Gate is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Augustus with an iron fist, and renowned for its disturbing lack of elderly people, triple-decker prams, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 1.361 billion St Guilders Gateans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Industry, and Education also on the agenda, while Welfare and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of San Sabastian. The average income tax rate is 66.1%.
The frighteningly efficient St Guilders Gatean economy, worth 178 trillion Pesos a year, is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 131,431 Pesos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.8 times as much as the poorest.
Employees who skip lunch to avoid sub-par cafeteria food risk getting fired, violent criminals are doomed to be hunted by a psychotic billionaire, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, and high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. St Guilders Gate's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The glorious three.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : St Guilders Gate voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Pedagogical Freedom".
- : Following new legislation in St Guilders Gate, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate.
- : Following new legislation in St Guilders Gate, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews.
- : Following new legislation in St Guilders Gate, violent criminals are doomed to be hunted by a psychotic billionaire.
- : Following new legislation in St Guilders Gate, employees who skip lunch to avoid sub-par cafeteria food risk getting fired.
- : Following new legislation in St Guilders Gate, citizens rise at daybreak every day for mandatory exercise.
- : Following new legislation in St Guilders Gate, appendix transplant figures have recently doubled.
- : Following new legislation in St Guilders Gate, creating cardboard imitations of missiles is a new top-secret military project.
- : St Guilders Gate was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector and Largest Black Market and the Top 10% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : St Guilders Gate voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Syria".
Endorsements Received: 48 » Rainbow Vests, Marrabuk, Moewland, H-Zhena, Brotherland, Liberstankonia, BearStackof2015, Evrigenis, VW53Aland, Republic of Berzerkistan, Under Sea Desert, East Malaysia, Am Echad, Ridann, Asendavia, Zukchiva, Pakitsk, Todd McCloud, Axdel, Dragons Blood, Libertanny, Rohanland, Lingu, Greater New Cassandra, The Three States of Fortuna, Ripsylvania, The Eternal Land of Jong, Tretrid, Nigon, Mays Austrian Nation, Raunch, Savorca, A mean old man, BuciLand, Santa Dystopia, Stellar Colonies, Technocratic Tagalog, Ephem, Modra, Bysios, Oofery, Kavanos, Horn of Havenkaap, La xinga, New Leganes, Yelkinam, Castle Federation, and Oerkar.