The Democratic Republic of Srednjaci is a massive, genial nation, remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 3.446 billion Srednjacians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Industry, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Katanija. The average income tax rate is 47.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Srednjacian economy, worth 288 trillion Dalats a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Trout Farming. Average income is 83,747 Dalats, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Politicians always seem to take two steps forward then three steps back, relations with Dàguó have warmed from frosty to chilly, the "feminist protest" defence is increasingly common for cases of armed robbery, and sales of pregnancy testing kits are booming. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Srednjaci's national animal is the Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Srednjaci was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Srednjaci was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Srednjaci's influence in Balder rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Srednjaci's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Srednjaci's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Srednjaci's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Srednjaci altered its national flag.
- : Srednjaci's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Srednjaci was refounded in Balder.
- : Srednjaci ceased to exist in Osiris.