The Socialist States of Squires is a massive, cultured nation, notable for its compulsory military service, free-roaming dinosaurs, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.117 billion Squires are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gamer City. The average income tax rate is 94.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Squiresian economy, worth 523 trillion bitcoins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 167,830 bitcoins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Museum of Blackacrean War Crimes is located on "Blackacre Did Nothing Wrong Avenue", primetime re-runs of The Black and White Minstrel Show are a critical hit, giggling teens are asked to put their mouths on rubber dolls, and social networking sites have discussion groups devoted to planning terrorist attacks. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Squires's national animal is the cybernetic squirrel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Squires's influence in Infotech Region rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Squires was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Weebish.
- : Squires lodged a message on the Infotech Region Regional Message Board.
- : Squires granted posting privileges on the Infotech Region Regional Message Board to Officers with Communications authority in embassy regions.
- : Squires agreed to construct embassies between Infotech Region and The Embassy.
- : Squires agreed to construct embassies between Infotech Region and Gypsy Lands.
- : Squires agreed to construct embassies between Infotech Region and Embassy Hub.
- : Squires voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Depository standards Act".
- : Following new legislation in Squires, social networking sites have discussion groups devoted to planning terrorist attacks.
- : Following new legislation in Squires, giggling teens are asked to put their mouths on rubber dolls.