The Kingdom of SPORTA is a huge, orderly nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 401 million Sportans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Administration are also considered important, while International Aid and Welfare receive no funds. The average income tax rate is 24.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Sportan economy, worth 18.9 trillion Dorians a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Cheese Exports, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 47,236 Dorians, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Employers may fire workers without giving any reason, a dictator has seized power and outlawed elections, the country is preparing for war, and the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller. Crime, especially youth-related, is well under control, thanks to a well-funded police force. SPORTA's national animal is the lion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : SPORTA's influence in The TWR and NE Puppet Depot rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : SPORTA's influence in The TWR and NE Puppet Depot rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : SPORTA's influence in The TWR and NE Puppet Depot rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : SPORTA was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Ignorant Citizens.
- : SPORTA relocated from Balder to The TWR and NE Puppet Depot.
- : SPORTA was refounded in Balder.
- : SPORTA ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : SPORTA was endorsed by The Communist Utopia of Travislavania.
- : SPORTA was endorsed by The Holy Weeby Corporate Empire of Figyjharli.
- : SPORTA was endorsed by The Holy Constitutional Kingdom of Xagill.