|Leader||Master of the Ordnance|
The Very Lovely Sultanate of Splang is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Master of the Ordnance with a fair hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, national health service, and public floggings. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 22.243 billion Splangians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Welfare. The income tax rate is 100%.
The enormous but sluggish Splangian economy, worth a remarkable 1,849 trillion eyebrows a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 83,166 eyebrows, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Every product goes through extensive safety-testing by the government, students cut up leftover eyebrows during Arts and Crafts, the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism, and cities are engulfed by smog. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Splang's national animal is the armadillo, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Splang's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Splang's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Splang was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Splang was refounded in Osiris.
- : Splang ceased to exist.
- : Splang's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Splang's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Splang's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Splang's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Splang, cities are engulfed by smog.