The Dominion of Spiritbw is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by the Daimyo with an even hand, and notable for its parental licensing program, avant-garde cinema, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 8.074 billion Spiritites are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Neo Edo. The average income tax rate is 3.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Spiritbwian economy, worth a remarkable 1,502 trillion Yen a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 186,058 Yen, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Protests are legal but strictly supervised, late night talk show hosts are having a field day over the Daimyo's questionably sane new coalition partners, the hardest thing for a mining operation to dig through is government red tape, and voting is compulsory. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Spiritbw's national animal is the Wolverine, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Shinto.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Spiritbw voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom to Seek Care".
- : Spiritbw was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Spiritbw lodged a message on the 10000 Islands Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Spiritbw, voting is compulsory.
- : Spiritbw was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Spiritbw, the hardest thing for a mining operation to dig through is government red tape.
- : Following new legislation in Spiritbw, late night talk show hosts are having a field day over the Daimyo's questionably sane new coalition partners.
- : Following new legislation in Spiritbw, protests are legal but strictly supervised.
- : Following new legislation in Spiritbw, homeowners on prime real estate have been seen dodging giant bulldozers with cartoon characters painted on them.
- : Following new legislation in Spiritbw, the nation is reliant on the principle of mutually assured destruction to maintain its security.
Endorsements Received: 107 » FreeGunsForAll, The Tasmanian Islands, Rex Republic, Achiotopia, Tzo, Grungerock, Kyrizstanislav, Seranis, Weedelia, Seantonia, Wysrod, Kokkinostan, The Soylent Green Party, Perzische Keizer, Blogotopia, Manlinesslavia, Crustacion, South Baker, Earth Federation, Zeganas, Lamborghini Murcielago, Dimensionals, Chip Skylark, Slaytania, Linkdahero, Those against abusers, Oom, Manonmanistan, Berzerkastan, Better Indonesia, Aleg, Al-Dhaki, Testa, Wolfhunters, Grimlandia, Mystiquelle, United Governments of Newrope, Zyrcrestia, Aipotu Ruo, Hacame, Snoozing Buffalax, Creeptopia, Collective Society of Clementi, Colonel Terrosit, The Snake Brotherhood, Samonaemia, Cybershield, Weaubleau, Anollasia, DunNaGall, and 57 others.UNpoopburg, Free Tristania, HN67, Brandenbourg-Anhalt, Khon, Gentletopia, Neo Saorsa, NorthernMassachusetts, Zuslosal, Molea, Tijdtevelia, Free Carolinas, Osea Island, Edorask, Kondraki, Karlando, United Socialists of the Highest Power, LiberationVille, Future of Mankind, Old Atlantica, Chad9, Brandeis, The Dwemmer, Palman, Uprus, Lacuna, American Republic of Independent States, Rigadia, New Katamenia, Finswedeway, Kilenel, Carbrabukka, Valcour, The Starlight Islands, Markanite, Wheydia, New China and North India, Spudlandia, Rabbitomia, Jobsteria, Evil Dictators Happyland, LimpBizkit, Germanic and Jewish people, Myopic, Time Currency, Maineria, Gal Cradia, Psolick, Auruh, Caesarian Rule, God1, P O E, Eisuden, Roisin Dubh, Datland, The Republic of Judea, and BNL Corporation.