The Republic of Spindrifter is a colossal, safe nation, notable for its complete lack of prisons, compulsory military service, and punitive income tax rates. The democratic population of 7.738 billion Spindrifterians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Defense, and Education. The average income tax rate is 66.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but sluggish Spindrifterian economy, worth 209 trillion shillings a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Cheese Exports industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Book Publishing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 27,085 shillings, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Spindrifter's national animal is the stray cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Spindrifter relocated from Westphalia to The Rejected Realms.
- : Spindrifter was ejected and banned from Westphalia by The Warzone of RidalphLand.
- : Spindrifter's influence in Westphalia rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Spindrifter's influence in Westphalia rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Spindrifter's influence in Westphalia rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Spindrifter relocated from Osiris to Westphalia.
- : Spindrifter's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Spindrifter was refounded in Osiris.
- : Spindrifter ceased to exist.
- : Spindrifter relocated from Balder to Urbanites.