The Republic of Spindrifter is a colossal, socially progressive nation, renowned for its complete lack of prisons, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The democratic population of 8.283 billion Spindrifterians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 66.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but sluggish Spindrifterian economy, worth 224 trillion shillings a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Cheese Exports industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Book Publishing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 27,085 shillings, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Spindrifter's national animal is the stray cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Spindrifter's influence in Nasicournia rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Spindrifter's influence in Nasicournia rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Spindrifter's influence in Nasicournia rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Spindrifter relocated from The Rejected Realms to Nasicournia.
- : Spindrifter's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Spindrifter relocated from Philippines to The Rejected Realms.
- : Spindrifter was ejected and banned from Philippines by The Holy Republic of Ariusgrad.
- : Spindrifter's influence in Philippines rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Spindrifter's influence in Philippines rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Spindrifter relocated from The Rejected Realms to Philippines.