|Leader||Queen Annemiek Blokvoord|
The ROC of Speyland is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Queen Annemiek Blokvoord with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, avant-garde cinema, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 7.249 billion Speylandiers have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Amsterdam. The average income tax rate is 22.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Speylandian economy, worth 672 trillion Speylandier guilders a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Gambling. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 92,754 Speylandier guilders, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Town welcome signs list corporate sponsors, cash-strapped junkies lick rabbits for a cheap high, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour, and urban citizens are forced onto public transport while rural citizens ride horses and buggies. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Speyland's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Urigrism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Speyland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Speyland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Food Quality and Most Cultured.
- : Speyland's influence in Greater Middle East rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Speyland resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Speyland's influence in Greater Middle East rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Speyland's influence in Greater Middle East rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Speyland's influence in Greater Middle East rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Speyland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average.
- : Speyland's influence in Greater Middle East rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Speyland's influence in Greater Middle East rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".