The United Kingdom of Spereid is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.161 billion Kostonans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lucent. The average income tax rate is 70.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Spereidian economy, worth 21.4 trillion pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Information Technology. Average income is 18,439 pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
All government facilities are built in the subterranean citadel of Lucent. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Spereid's national animal is the bird, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Spereid's influence in Dinesbabwe Lipsouthla fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : Spereid's influence in Dinesbabwe Lipsouthla fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Spereid was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Spereid's influence in Dinesbabwe Lipsouthla fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".
- : Spereid's influence in Dinesbabwe Lipsouthla rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Spereid relocated from Balder to Dinesbabwe Lipsouthla.
- : Spereid founded the region Dinesbabwe Lipsouthla.
- : Spereid was refounded in Balder.
- : Spereid ceased to exist in The Moscow Pact.
- : Spereid's influence in The Moscow Pact rose from "Superpower" to "Hermit".