The Commonwealth of Sperantze is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its keen interest in outer space, ubiquitous missile silos, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 1.195 billion Sperantzeans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Busteni City. The average income tax rate is 88.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Sperantzean economy, worth 138 trillion Leus a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 116,178 Leus, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, immigrant Bigtopians work themselves to the bone to support gold-plated Sperantzean pensions, protests are legal but strictly supervised, and young girls and senior citizens alike can be spotted wearing colourful short shorts. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sperantze's national animal is the Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Sperantze, young girls and senior citizens alike can be spotted wearing colourful short shorts.
- : Following new legislation in Sperantze, protests are legal but strictly supervised.
- : Following new legislation in Sperantze, immigrant Bigtopians work themselves to the bone to support gold-plated Sperantzean pensions.
- : Sperantze endorsed The Commonwealth of Sheppey.
- : Sperantze was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Sheppey.
- : Following new legislation in Sperantze, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field.
- : Following new legislation in Sperantze, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- : Following new legislation in Sperantze, sales of disinfectant wipes have skyrocketed.
- : Following new legislation in Sperantze, political candidates recite daily pledges of loyalty to their chosen party.
- : Following new legislation in Sperantze, conscripts often volunteer for a second tour of duty so they can get a ticket to next year's Army Revue.
Endorsements Received: 72 » Siwale, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, Unimaginable Doom, Great Bights Mum, Yaorozu, Sil Dorsett, Notyoutopia, Holy Oranz, Bharathvarsh, Upper Portlandia, Alice Gardens, Enosville, Sunto, Religioncord, Empy, Wisconsota, Reannia, Xentherida, Selfgradatude, Elspeth and Samina, Ovsterland, Kaschovia, Lupus Imperium, Lord Ravenclaw, Vazali, Valdr, Shadowrik, Empire of the Dark Lords of the Sith, Omicron Persei V111, The Mazur Empire, American MapleStory, HMS Unicorn, Pallaith, Colony of lasting Hopes, PlanetPunk, Frances Francis the First of France, Kwaj, Amerian States, General COE, Vszeklina, Friently, Moristia, Hong Kong Empire, South Grand Mountain, Jenner-Kardash, Lavanania, Shin-Hachioji, Faxfleet, Gnate, Cleoskye, and 22 others.Kingdom of Space, Auceorion, Diodone, Victoriaans Nederlands, Lamexanope, Paxiosolange, Coemgen, Kizja, Das People, Anima Proxa, FRENAi, Rylam, McMasterdonia, Yukti, Potatolandium, Plembobria, Marsh Castle, Prevaland, Kobagia, Zemnaya Svoboda, Ustrien, and Sheppey.