The Ghost of Spartzerium is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its anti-smoking policies, frequent executions, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 12.746 billion Spartzerians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Spartz City. The average income tax rate is 82.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Spartzerian economy, worth 637 trillion spartzers a year, is quite specialized and led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports, Tourism, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 50,043 spartzers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements, wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby, hunters have been known to lose limbs while attempting to 'play tag' with their prey, and the government funds private schools for intellectually gifted children. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Spartzerium's national animal is the Spartzy, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Spartzerium was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Spartzerium's influence in The Black Hawks rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Spartzerium's influence in The Black Hawks rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Spartzerium was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Spartzerium's influence in The Black Hawks rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Spartzerium was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments, Most World Assembly Endorsements, Highest Foreign Aid Spending, and Highest Economic Output.
- : Spartzerium's influence in The Black Hawks rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Spartzerium relocated from Osiris to The Black Hawks.
- : Spartzerium was refounded in Osiris.
- : Spartzerium ceased to exist in Osiris.