|Leader||Prime President Hieronymus Bornei|
The People's Republic of Sovietstanica is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Prime President Hieronymus Bornei with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, state-planned economy, and digital currency. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 2.34 billion Sovietstani enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stolitzgrad. The average income tax rate is 45.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Soviet economy, worth 260 trillion Denars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Trout Farming, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 111,151 Denars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas, babies are a small but significant export, retirement homes are filled with foreign war criminals, and abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sovietstanica's national animal is the Dragon Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Sunni Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sovietstanica's influence in Osiris fell from "Newcomer" to "Hatchling".
- : Sovietstanica's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Sovietstanica's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Sovietstanica's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Sovietstanica was refounded in Osiris.
- : Sovietstanica ceased to exist in Spiritus.
- : Sovietstanica was struck by a Mk II (Sterilizer) Cure Missile from The Kingdom of Goddess Hylia, curing 1 million infected.
- : Sovietstanica was struck by a Mk II (Sterilizer) Cure Missile from The Commonwealth of Free Guardians, curing 1 million infected.
- : Sovietstanica was struck by a Mk III (Purifier) Cure Missile from The Land of Feirmont, curing 1 million infected.
- : Sovietstanica was struck by a Mk IV (Pacifier) Cure Missile from The Multinational Conglomerate of Ltin Corporation, curing 1 million infected.