The People's Republic of Soviet New Scotland is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Premier Smith with a fair hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 3.624 billion Scots are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Inverness. The average income tax rate is 93.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Scottish economy, worth 247 trillion Scottish Pounds a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 68,234 Scottish Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Meat-eating is frowned upon, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity, the government is flooded with compensation requests, and museums stand half-empty as all foreign exhibits are returned to their countries of origin. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Soviet New Scotland's national animal is the Unicron, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is not relevant as religion is banned.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Soviet New Scotland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Soviet New Scotland's influence in The Internationale rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Soviet New Scotland's influence in The Internationale rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Soviet New Scotland's influence in The Internationale rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Soviet New Scotland's influence in The Internationale rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Soviet New Scotland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments, Least Corrupt Governments, Highest Workforce Participation Rate, Most Advanced Public Transport, and Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Soviet New Scotland relocated from Osiris to The Internationale.
- : Soviet New Scotland altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Soviet New Scotland, museums stand half-empty as all foreign exhibits are returned to their countries of origin.
- : Following new legislation in Soviet New Scotland, the government is flooded with compensation requests.