|Leader||Lieber Anführer Heinrich Wolfgang|
The Empire of Soverled is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Lieber Anführer Heinrich Wolfgang with an iron fist, and renowned for its frequent executions, keen interest in outer space, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 2.453 billion Soverlians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Staatverräterjägerdorf. The average income tax rate is 62.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Soverledian economy, worth 301 trillion Marks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 122,811 Marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
The new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit, young children are learning advanced physics to scientifically disprove the existence of Santa Claus, fiscal policy hawks decry the sizable "panem et circenses" fund added to the public budget, and thousands of picky mothers-in-law have been recruited to serve as even pickier cookery instructors. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Soverled's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Soverled, thousands of picky mothers-in-law have been recruited to serve as even pickier cookery instructors.
- : Soverled was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- : Following new legislation in Soverled, fiscal policy hawks decry the sizable "panem et circenses" fund added to the public budget.
- : Soverled was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Soverled was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Soverled's influence in Ostaria rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- : Soverled was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Soverled was endorsed by The Holy Empire of The Union of Soviet Socialist Republic.
- : Soverled lost the endorsement of The Holy Empire of The Union of Soviet Socialist Republic.
- : Soverled became WA Delegate of Ostaria.
Endorsements Received: 1 » The Union of Soviet Socialist Republic.