The Hegemonic Directorate of Southwest China is a gargantuan, safe nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 13.677 billion Cantonese hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 90.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Cantonese economy, worth 953 trillion Huizis a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Information Technology industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 69,686 Huizis, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Counselors have to sign pledges supporting gay rights before they can speak to any patients, government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders, the government has hired out-of-work fashion designers to design purses for men, and fraternities are notorious for drunken hooliganism. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Southwest China's national animal is the Panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Southwest China voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Digital Network Defense"".
- : Southwest China voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Blood Donation Safety and Equality Act".
- : Southwest China's influence in Geopolity fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- : Southwest China was endorsed by The Socialist Confederation of Donau-Bundesreich.
- : Southwest China voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Water Fluoridation Act".
- : Southwest China voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Praeceps".
- : Southwest China voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights of the employed"".
- : Southwest China was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest.
- : Southwest China was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Southwest China was endorsed by The Theocracy of The Republic of Dhan.