The Crown Dependency of South Sulphur is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Lord Narrows with an even hand, and notable for its public floggings, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and digital currency. The hard-nosed, devout population of 8.712 billion Sulphurites have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hogsport. The average income tax rate is 96.4%.
The frighteningly efficient South Sulphurian economy, worth a remarkable 1,322 trillion Krystals a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Retail and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 151,838 Krystals, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A primitive society is being eroded as its youth flock to the modern world, Lord Narrows spends weekends doing the laundry of foreign leaders, returning vacationers often find that their property is now a construction site, and the space program has been scrapped in order to focus on more terrestrial pursuits. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. South Sulphur's national animal is the Blue Hog, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : South Sulphur approved the World Assembly proposal "Convention on a universal jam protocol".
- : South Sulphur endorsed The Republic of The United states 0f America-.
- : South Sulphur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Noble Thatcherites".
- : South Sulphur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Preventing Identity Theft"".
- : South Sulphur voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Andusre".
- : South Sulphur approved the World Assembly proposal "Combating Disinformation".
- : South Sulphur voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "WA Counterterrorism Act"".
- : South Sulphur approved the World Assembly proposal "The Hairless Cat Protection Bill ".
- : South Sulphur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Bran Astor".
- : South Sulphur approved the World Assembly proposal "The Black Cats Protection Law".