The Republic of South Pacific Lemmings is a very large, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 119 million South Pacific Lemmingsians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 71.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant South Pacific Lemmingsian economy, worth 1.11 trillion Drachmas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Gambling. Average income is 9,367 Drachmas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. South Pacific Lemmings's national animal is the Lemming, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : South Pacific Lemmings's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : South Pacific Lemmings was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : South Pacific Lemmings's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : South Pacific Lemmings lodged a message on the The South Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : South Pacific Lemmings lodged a message on the The North Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : South Pacific Lemmings relocated from The North Pacific to The South Pacific.
- : South Pacific Lemmings altered its national flag.
- : South Pacific Lemmings was founded in The North Pacific.