The Community of South Mauristan is a massive, genial nation, notable for its complete lack of prisons, digital currency, and avant-garde cinema. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 2.027 billion South Mauristanians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Public Transport. The average income tax rate is 72.5%.
The South Mauristanian economy, worth 81.0 trillion Marian Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Tourism industry. Average income is 39,975 Marian Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
Retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites, no one believes anything until it has been strenuously tested and peer-reviewed, birth rates have hit an all-time low, and teenagers performing appendectomies on their friends has become a popular schoolyard prank. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. South Mauristan's national animal is the Grey Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : South Mauristan's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : South Mauristan was refounded in Balder.
- : South Mauristan ceased to exist in Balder.
- : South Mauristan's influence in Balder rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : South Mauristan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : South Mauristan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : South Mauristan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : South Mauristan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : South Mauristan's influence in Balder rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : South Mauristan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.