The Commonwealth of South Bengal is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Simon Ghosh with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 4.982 billion Bengalis have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Calcutta. The average income tax rate is 8.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Bengali economy, worth a remarkable 1,157 trillion Bengal Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 232,270 Bengal Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Dinner parties often end in politically charged fist fights, one does not simply walk into the tundra, crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed, and the horniness of the great-horned Tiger is considered a national priority. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. South Bengal's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : South Bengal was endorsed by The Islamic Republic of Hedopia.
- : Following new legislation in South Bengal, the horniness of the great-horned Tiger is considered a national priority.
- : South Bengal voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Public Access to Court Records".
- : Following new legislation in South Bengal, crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed.
- : Following new legislation in South Bengal, one does not simply walk into the tundra.
- : Following new legislation in South Bengal, dinner parties often end in politically charged fist fights.
- : South Bengal was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in South Bengal, the government only invests in infrastructure after a natural disaster.
- : South Bengal lodged a message on the Enadia Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in South Bengal, the Violetist community celebrates bombshells being dropped on South Bengal.
Endorsements Received: 32 » The United Australian States, The Ghost Dragons, Bulllgaria, Illiricium, Elvid, Aryus Millitary Junta, CanadianMapleSyrup, Dratrium, Upper Ontario and Hudson Bay, Calebs Haven, AnkoKurama, Lazy valley, Parvala, Aerzhots, Pontic Hellas, Thudor, United Republic Empire, King Denver, COTNC, Valentines House, Pasaiste, Gernaet, Old Ravenwood, The Unigmania, Of Cool, Mambazo, Saxoslavia, Constantocity, Quack Abad, Dependants, Aracelicosenera, and Hedopia.