The People's Republic of South Aetulia is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Comrade Razvan with a fair hand, and remarkable for its avant-garde cinema, frequent executions, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful population of 1.372 billion Aetulians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, with Industry, Healthcare, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Administration and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arenthia. The average income tax rate is 81.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient South Aetulian economy, worth 236 trillion Drakkars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 172,187 Drakkars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The realistic depiction of tentacles is on the core syllabus of most art schools, the navy is chrome-plating its battleships to prevent rust, euthanasia is illegal, and scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. South Aetulia's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in South Aetulia, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- : Following new legislation in South Aetulia, euthanasia is illegal.
- : Following new legislation in South Aetulia, the navy is chrome-plating its battleships to prevent rust.
- : Following new legislation in South Aetulia, the realistic depiction of tentacles is on the core syllabus of most art schools.
- : Following new legislation in South Aetulia, military parades quietly tiptoe their way through the streets.
- : Following new legislation in South Aetulia, the new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction.
- : Following new legislation in South Aetulia, public incontinence is a growing problem amongst the nation's women.
- : Following new legislation in South Aetulia, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission.
- : Following new legislation in South Aetulia, Comrade Razvan panders to nontraditional families.
- : Following new legislation in South Aetulia, the government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters.
Endorsements Received: 125 » Pallaith, Yaorozu, Siwale, Great Bights Mum, Sunto, Notyoutopia, Shadowrik, Omicron Persei V111, Reannia, Kaschovia, Holy Oranz, Mercy Land, Sil Dorsett, Frances Francis the First of France, Kwaj, Enosville, Panama Coalition, General COE, Puczovska, Bharathvarsh, HMS Unicorn, Friently, HoNg KoNg EmPiRe, Shin-Hachioji, South Grand Mountain, Wineclaw, Vszeklina, Rylam, Kingdom of Space, Diodone, Selfgradatude, American MapleStory, Coemgen, Anima Proxa, Southern Allican, McMasterdonia, Yukti, Plembobria, Zemnaya Svoboda, Sheppey, Aenglaland, AdyLand, Yaris, Prevaland, The Utopian Movement, Sankami, Buckerino, Kelvaros Prime, Ausmercia, Stareogratia, and 75 others.I Am Bad At Naming Nations, Vogonlandia, Seven Hills, Erfworld, Alice Gardens, The Iron Lions, The Akhara Islands, Cloydicia, Che Sana Und, Bayern-Straubing, Lord Ravenclaw, The Lancerian Empire, Aerilia, Moubarakistan, Universal State Formula, United States of Panthalassa, Amerian States, Beodarasc, Hexago, Xentherida, Coppicia, Tredano, New Lakemba, PlanetPunk, Maestros haven, Pakistan 001, Inorganic Tomb Thing, Territorio di Nessuno, Lionia, Corfad, Celebia, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Phillywob, Cuyan, Asuroka, Ice and Tinian, Slaughterhouse Nine, Wodan, Khorazan, Humptalumpta, Forunte, Thenaca, Ainsworth, Felhaven, Pria Xennes, Republic of Dixie, Sacrento, Zedeya, Victoriaans Nederlands, Blurds, New-El, Midds Conia, Unimaginable Doom, Libotionia, Dodione, Calamazo, Apetopia, Crodaria, Agrauron, Mzeusia, Gladio II, NatsukiLand, New Fingland, Sanjurika, Malvad, Ameiga Nothe, Merconitonitopia, Gospel Power, Astal Aavors, Lungha, Techislovakia, Natorik, Avornica, Bridgett, and The Free Californian People.