|Leader||President Donovan Singh|
The Federal Republic of South Acadia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by President Donovan Singh with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 2.233 billion South Acadians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Louisville. The average income tax rate is 39.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong South Acadian economy, worth 125 trillion Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Information Technology. Average income is 56,235 Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
President Donovan Singh has just been declared ruler of South Acadia in an international press conference, paranoid museum guards keep a lookout for any animated displays attempting to escape the premises after dark, the nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics, and gay couples have to travel to Brancaland to find a church that will actually let them wed. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. South Acadia's national animal is the Golden Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : South Acadia was endorsed by The Republic of Josephto.
- : South Acadia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : South Acadia was endorsed by The Republic of Unidid Statates.
- : South Acadia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Blood Donation Safety and Equality Act".
- : South Acadia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Military Death Penalty Ban".
- : South Acadia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : South Acadia was endorsed by Aade.
- : South Acadia was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : South Acadia was endorsed by Zemona.
- : South Acadia changed its national capital to "Louisville".
Endorsements Received: 29 » Saxemburg, Kantobliv, Corydo, Red Draconia, Naasiat Nuna, Neo-Arctica, Druing, Stateazar, The German Kaiserliche Union, Kongers, The Southeast Earth, Kingdom of Sacento, Drawception, Krackovja, Vastronia, Jdjdjd, Dusendord, The Doge Clan, Fusco, Nuestro Salvador de San Pedro, Olinalism, Asdersland, Prorescia, Spoela, Blurabling, Zion Imperium, Northern Blue Star, Unidid Statates, and Josephto.