|Animal||Grand and Mighty Ancient Soup|
The Soupistic Theocracy of Soupasia is a huge, safe nation, ruled by King Soupinaspis with an iron fist, and renowned for its compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 844 million Soupasians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, well-organized government is dominated by the Department of Spirituality, with Law & Order and Defense also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Brothia. The average income tax rate is 23.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Soupasian economy, worth 40.0 trillion Evil Dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Pizza Delivery, Basket Weaving, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 47,443 Evil Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
There have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons', Soupasia has designated Brothia as its capital city, litter collection has replaced fast food as the most popular after-school job, and King Soupinaspis has just been declared ruler of Soupasia in an international press conference. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Soupasia's national animal is the Grand and Mighty Ancient Soup.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Soupasia changed its national leader to "King Soupinaspis".
- : Following new legislation in Soupasia, King Soupinaspis has just been declared ruler of Soupasia in an international press conference.
- : Soupasia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Soupasia, litter collection has replaced fast food as the most popular after-school job.
- : Soupasia published "Scrapheap Tribune 08/02/2019" (Bulletin: News).
- : Soupasia's influence in Scrapheap rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Soupasia's influence in Scrapheap fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- : Soupasia published "Issues" (Meta: Reference).
- : Soupasia published "Telegrams" (Meta: Reference).
- : Soupasia published "New to NationStates?" (Meta: Reference).