The Dominion of Sorensa is a large, cultured nation, renowned for its burgeoning Mallard population. The hard-working, democratic population of 50 million Sorensans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 9.2%.
The strong Sorensan economy, worth 2.89 trillion Pennies a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Automobile Manufacturing, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 57,784 Pennies, with the richest citizens earning 5.1 times as much as the poorest.
Genetic researchers have been expelled, ship captains always order a return to port at the slightest sign of rain, and mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest-growing field. Crime is relatively low. Sorensa's national animal is the Mallard.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sorensa's influence in Refugia rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Sorensa's influence in Refugia rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Sorensa was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Primitive and Largest Basket Weaving Sector and the Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments and Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Sorensa's influence in Refugia rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Sorensa relocated from The Allied Republic to Refugia.
- : Sorensa relocated from The Pacific to The Allied Republic.
- : Following new legislation in Sorensa, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest-growing field.
- : Following new legislation in Sorensa, ship captains always order a return to port at the slightest sign of rain.
- : Following new legislation in Sorensa, genetic researchers have been expelled.
- : Sorensa was founded in The Pacific.