|Leader||President Joseph Hall|
The Federation of Sordica is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by President Joseph Hall with an even hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, public floggings, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 11.376 billion Sordicans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Georgevale. The average income tax rate is 98.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Sordican economy, worth a remarkable 1,507 trillion Sordican Pounds a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 132,539 Sordican Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Corporate lawyers are switching careers to the more lucrative field of green politics, the nationalistic national anthem inspires citizens to literally spit at foreigners, people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy, and conversion therapy coupons are a popular present for coming of age ceremonies. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sordica's national animal is the Sordican Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sordica voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Vilita and Turori".
- : Sordica voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Restrictions On Blood Sports".
- : Sordica voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ethical Treatment of Animals in Research".
- : Sordica's influence in New Warsaw Pact rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : Sordica voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Ensuring Safe Syringe Use"".
- : Sordica endorsed Grenadaland.
- : Sordica endorsed The People's Republic of Noplestle.
- : Sordica was endorsed by The People's Republic of Noplestle.
- : Sordica voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Auphelia".
- : Sordica voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Requiring Promulgation of National Laws".
Endorsements Received: 16 » Hajirah, Mikoyansk, Heroica, Albaz, Kokoku, Unified Coloradan Republic, Tekcharta, The Republican Federation, Shavia, Ante-Ilha, Western Ridge, Jensonia, Sovietic Empire, Makatia, Haikuo, and Noplestle.