The Multiversal Empire of Soranato is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by T'ekon Vel'khal with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, complete lack of prisons, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 5.549 billion Sorans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Veldia. The average income tax rate is 95.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Soran economy, worth 746 trillion Zeptils a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 134,462 Zeptils, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
T'ekon Vel'khal is worshipped as a god, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Soranato's radio stations, every new building project has to undergo a five-year environmental impact study before it can go ahead, and edutainment video games are taking Soranato's students to the next level. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Soranato's national animal is the wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Veldism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Soranato was endorsed by The United States of Montagland.
- : Soranato was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Soranato was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured and Most Inclusive.
- : Soranato was endorsed by The Republic of Zoom-7.
- : Soranato was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Soranato's influence in Renegade Islands Alliance rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Soranato endorsed The Grand Empire of Riveti.
- : Soranato withdrew its endorsement from The Community of Jute.
- : Soranato was endorsed by The Republic of Timothia.
- : Soranato voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Stock Exchanges and Foreign investment"".