The Biscuit-Loving Raccoon of Somyrion is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Somy Skollvaldr with a fair hand, and notable for its absence of drug laws, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 5.609 billion raccoons love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Spirituality, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Biscuit City. The average income tax rate is 70.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant and biscuit-loving economy, worth 75.7 trillion biscuits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 13,500 biscuits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Somyrion has designated Biscuit City as its capital city, Somy Skollvaldr has just been declared ruler of Somyrion in an international press conference, and Biscuitism has been named as Somyrion's national religion. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Somyrion's national animal is the raccoon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Biscuitism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Somyrion's influence in Solidarian Fleet fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Somyrion's influence in Solidarian Fleet rose from "Zero" to "Dominator".
- : Somyrion password-protected Solidarian Fleet.
- : Somyrion relocated from The Rejected Realms to Solidarian Fleet.
- : Somyrion removed regional password protection from Solidarian Fleet.
- : Somyrion's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Somyrion relocated from Arocoun to The Rejected Realms.
- : Somyrion was ejected from Arocoun by The Kingdom of Montmorencia.
- : Somyrion's influence in Arocoun fell from "Hermit" to "Dealmaker".
- : Somyrion's influence in Arocoun rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".