|Leader||President Marcus Stacker|
The National Allied Territories of Some People in the Himalayas is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Marcus Stacker with a fair hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, aversion to nipples, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 3.799 billion Himalasians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arton. The average income tax rate is 38.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Some People in the Himalayasian economy, worth 487 trillion Palatials a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Soda Sales, and Retail. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 128,243 Palatials, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
In pet stores nationwide Bharals are growing in popularity, the Museum of Blackacrean War Crimes is located on "Blackacre Did Nothing Wrong Avenue", restaurateurs put a lot of effort into persuading customers to accept wafer-thin mints, and EpiPen sales have skyrocketed. Crime is relatively low. Some People in the Himalayas's national animal is the Bharal, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Hinduism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Some People in the Himalayas lodged a message on the Confederation of the Mediterranean Regional Message Board.
- : Some People in the Himalayas changed its national nation type to "National Allied Territories".
- : Some People in the Himalayas changed its national motto to "Truth and Motherland, for they are greater than Heaven.".
- : Some People in the Himalayas's influence in Confederation of the Mediterranean fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Some People in the Himalayas's influence in Confederation of the Mediterranean rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Some People in the Himalayas was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Some People in the Himalayas was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Some People in the Himalayas was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed.
- : Some People in the Himalayas was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Some People in the Himalayas was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.