|Leader||Alexander van den Hågen|
The Heminėweude of Soltsteed is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Alexander van den Hågen with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 10.492 billion Såutstedern hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Asħwelle. The average income tax rate is 42.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Såutstedisħ economy, worth a remarkable 1,259 trillion shillings a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Gambling. Average income is an impressive 120,001 shillings, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Every new building project has to undergo a five-year environmental impact study before it can go ahead, birth rates have hit an all-time low, children are raised bilingual from an early age, and UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news. Crime is totally unknown. Soltsteed's national animal is the stallion, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Soltsteed was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Soltsteed's influence in Field Egg Group fell from "Enforcer" to "Squire".
- : Soltsteed's influence in Field Egg Group rose from "Minnow" to "Enforcer".
- : Soltsteed relocated from Balder to Field Egg Group.
- : Soltsteed was refounded in Balder.
- : Soltsteed ceased to exist in Field Egg Group.
- : Soltsteed was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Soltsteed was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Soltsteed was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Drug Use and the Top 10% for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Soltsteed was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.